Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 1, 2012

New Year, New Challenge.

Recently, my employer offered a holiday walking challenge.  We tracked our walking mileage over an 8 week period.  During this time, Hubby noted my mileage and wondered if I could walk across the country in a year.  Now that we have a new puppy and she needs daily walks,  I have decided to take this challenge, virtually, during 2012.  I initially planned on using Harrisburg, PA as a start point and Olympia, WA as an end point, but I think that the mileage involved (as determined by Google Maps Walking distance tracker) will be too short for one year, so I am going to modify the plan.  Using Harrisburg, PA as a starting point, I am going to map walks from state capital to state capital in an attempt to get from Harrisburg to Olympia, WA by the end of the year.

I will be tracking my progress and updating weekly where I am.  I hope to find local points of interest and include them in my updates.  When this is all over and I am successful (trying to be positive), I hope to take Hubby and visit Washington in the following year and points of interest as possible.

So come back every week for distance updates and every day for things you might try and like.


No comments :

Post a Comment