Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 21, 2012

Spiced Orange Chicken

I wanted to make chicken but I didn't want the same old chicken.  A friend had recently mentioned making orange chicken, so I decided to take my hand and making an orange chicken. This has a soft orange flavor and can be made in the oven or slow cooker.


  4 To 5 Lb Chicken                                                                   1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
  1 Orange                                                                                4 Tbl Butter, Room Temperature

Remove the giblets from the chicken and rinse.  Pat dry.  Zest and peel the orange and break into segments, set aside.  Stir together butter, orange zest and cinnamon.  Stuff this under the skin of the chicken on top of the breast.  Put the orange segments in the cavity of the chicken.  Put in a slow cooker and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or put in a roasting pan and roast at 375 degrees for 1 to 1.5 hours.  Chicken is done when the breast registers 165 degrees.

No comments :

Post a Comment