Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Feb 16, 2011

Banana Cake

I found myself with overripe bananas but I did not want to make muffins or bread, so I opted to make a Banana Cake.  This is a very dense cake with a frosting applied while warm to make more of a glaze topping. 

While making it, my husband asked if I was baking because I planned on it or because I had not baked in 48 hours and was going through withdrawal.  Against my better judgement, I gave him a piece of cake while it was still warm.


  2 large eggs                                                                              1 Cup all-purpose flour
  1 Cup sugar                                                                             1/2 Tsp baking powder
  1 Cup mashed very ripe bananas                                             1/2 Tsp baking soda
  1/2 Cup 2 % fat buttermilk                                                      1/2 Tsp salt
  1 Tsp almond extract                                                               5 Tbl Vanilla Frosting
  1 Cup cake flour                                                                     

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9 x 13 pan with butter and flour, set aside.

Whisk eggs and sugar large bowl. Stir in mashed bananas, buttermilk and almond extract.  In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the banana mixture and fold in just until blended.  Pour into the pan and bake until the top springs back Bake until the top springs back when touched lightly, 25 to 35 minutes.  Cool for 15 minutes.  Put frosting in microwave for 30 to 60 seconds and stir - should just be pourable.  Pour over cake and spread to edges.  May be served warm.

No comments :

Post a Comment