Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Feb 9, 2011

Ice Cream Cake

To make a basic ice cream cake, you need four things:

Ice Cream
Something Crunchy
Whipped Cream
A pan

To make an ice cream cake in a 9 inch pan, do the following:

1.  Line pan with cling wrap (optional, but it makes it easier to cut if you can lift it out of the pan)
2.  Soften 1/2 gallon of purchased ice cream OR make your own*.
3.  Press ice cream in the pan until it is about 1/3 full.
4.  Crush your crunchies, as needed (I used Oreos, so I crushed them with a rolling pin).  Layer over ice cream.
5.  Top crunchies with ice cream until even with the top of the pan.
6.  Freeze at least 2 hours.
7.  Top with whipped cream.
8.  Let stand about 15 minutes for ease of cutting

*I like Alton Brown's Chocolate ice cream recipe, made with Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa.  Recipe at http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/chocolate-ice-cream-recipe/index.html

No comments :

Post a Comment