Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Dec 5, 2011

Breakfast Sausage

Homemade breakfast sausage was never on my radar until last year.  Hubby got two deer and I was looking for options when I stumbled on making breakfast sausage.  I was surprised how many recipes I found actually had you add MSG.  This recipe is spicy but  you can leave out the crushed red pepper to reduce the heat.  If you have no venison, this can be made with all pork.


  8 Ounce Ground Venison                                           1/4 Tsp Sage 
  8 Ounce Ground Pork                                               1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
  1 Tsp Salt                                                                 1/4 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper
  1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper                                           1/4 Tsp Coriander
                                                                           

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.  Form into patties or stuff into casings.  Fry until golden brown or freeze until ready to use.  If you are going to freeze the sausage, wrap it well with freezer paper or vacuum seal it.  When vacuuming patties, partially freeze them or they will smash.

No comments :

Post a Comment