Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Dec 19, 2011

Peanut Butter Patties - Abby tested and approved

I'll admit, I went a little crazy baking different dog treats. Some of it was due to the volume of treats we are going through for puppy training, some were to share with our other puppy class puppies and a lot of it was that these freeze beautifully and I won't need to make any more for awhile.  During my cooking, I made pumpkin, peanut butter, sweet potato and chicken treats - all will be made available.  Pumpkin was posted all ready, here are the peanut butter, the others will follow in the next week.  The good news?  Abby trains with these REALLY well.  The bad news?  Every time she sees a container that looks like the ones I have the treats in, she goes BONKERS.

  1 1/2 Cup water                                                                       2 1/2 Cup whole wheat flour
  1/4 Cup Olive Oil                                                                      3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
  1/4 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce                                           1 Cup cornmeal
  2 Large Eggs                                                                            3/4 Cup Old Fashioned Oatmeal
  1/3 Cup Jif                                                                              

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix water, oil, applesauce, and eggs together well. Combine the peanut butter (add 2 additional Tablespoons if using crunchy), flours, cornmeal and oatmeal in a large bowl. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients bowl and mix thoroughly until thoroughly combined. Line a jelly roll pan with nonstick foil or parchment paper.  Roll dough to cover the entire pan.  Score into the sizes you want.  Bake for 20 minutes.  For soft treats, remove immediately. 

No comments :

Post a Comment