Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Apr 7, 2012

Hunger - Not Hype

I'll admit, I had the Hunger Games Trilogy on my e-reader for quite some time before I read it.  I am a bit obsessive on reading things in the order in which I purchased them, so I had several books ahead of them.  However, with all of the hype surrounding the movie, I didn't want the commercials, interviews or clips to give anything away, so I started reading them.  Nine days later - all three books are done.  I could not put them down.

The heroine, Katniss, just her family and those who live with her in the community.  She is not acting to win a man, she is acting to survive.  Yes, there are two young men involved.  However, they are not her main focus, but they are expertly written into the story to allow you to see additional depths and facets of Katniss' character.  The story leaves you breathless and, at time, in tears.

Thank you, Suzanne Collins, for a series that looks at values, community, family and friendship and gives everyone a venue to talk.

No comments :

Post a Comment