Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Apr 14, 2012

Stay Dry During April Showers

Having a Border Collie means walking every day if you want to keep your sanity.  Burn off some energy!  You cannot guarantee the time you walk will be dry, so do you move your walk?  I didn't, I just got wet, until I purchased a new rain coat.  I had one that worked well for short trips, but when you are walking distances, breath ability is key.  After much research and comparison shopping, I landed on the REI Ultra Light Jacket.

 It is a nylon blend with 2.5 layers or protection (got to the website and look at the specs, they offer a nice comparison of layers). 

The hood can remain out, roll up and stows or zips off completely.  I like that it has side zippers under the arms to allow for venting and has multiple pockets.  The sizes are fairly true.  I wear a Medium or Large shirt, depending on cut.  In Large, it offers enough room to layer comfortably over a bulky sweatshirt.  Finally, it offers a great array of bright colors to help stave off a dreary day.  I chose Puget Sound.  It is still new, so the fabric is somewhat noisy, but I am hoping that changes with use.

No comments :

Post a Comment