Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Apr 3, 2012

Mustard Glazed Salmon

God bless my hubby - Salmon is not his preferred fish, but he will eat it on occasion because I do.  It's not that he doesn't like it, but he generally prefers white fish.  Last weekend, he was willing to eat this mustard glazed salmon.  He liked it, said I should keep the recipe and even said the sauce would go great on chicken.  And I cooked the fish properly, to boot.  It went great with peas.  Serves 2.

PLEASE NOTE - I do NOT pack the brown sugar on this recipe.



  2 - 6 Ounce Salmon Fillets                                                       1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
  1 Cup Chicken Stock                                                               1 1/2 Tsp Brown Sugar
  3 Tbl Balsamic Vinegar                                                          

Spray a cast iron skillet with cooking spray and heat until hot.  Add salmon skin side up and cook until browned.  Turn salmon - season with pepper.  Add 1/2 cup broth to the pan, reduce heat to low, cover and cook until salmon is cooked.  Remove salmon and keep warm.

Turn heat up to medium high and add remaining ingredients.  Cook until sauce is reduced by half.  Spoon over salmon.

Per Serving: 264 Cal (48% from Fat, 44% from Protein, 9% from Carb); 28 g Protein; 14 g Tot Fat; 3 g Sat Fat; 5 g Mono Fat; 6 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 5 g Sugar; 27 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 883 mg Sodium

No comments :

Post a Comment