Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Apr 10, 2012

PB and.......Flax.

Yep - I was baking for Abby again.  I have 2 four-legged furkids and this one I can bake for.  Izzy isn't picky, he regularly eats the treats - if I give them to him or not.  I had some overripe bananas - not enough for banana bread, but enough to make banana treats for Abby.  What is Peanut Butter without Banana?


  1 1/4 Cups Whole Wheat Flour                                                1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
  1/4 Cup Ground Flax seed                                                        1/4 Cup Jif Peanut Butter
  1 Cup Banana, Mashed                                                           1 Large Egg
  1 Tbl Light Brown Sugar                                                         1/2 Cup 1% Milk
  1/2 Tsp Cinnamon                                                                  

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Combine the flour, flax seed, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar and cut in peanut butter.  Beat egg with milk and then beat in banana.  Add the flour mixture and mix well until a soft dough forms. Using a 1 tbl scoop, drop on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.  Allow to cool and store in an air tight container or zip lock bag.

No comments :

Post a Comment