Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Apr 9, 2012

Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken

I threw this in my slow cooker this morning and it was ready for whenever we wanted supper - we only needed to cook the rice.  I like to use frozen chicken when I am cooking it while at the office.  The warm setting that my slow cooker goes to helps finish off any uncooked chicken in the hours from when the time ends to when I can serve.  I also used pepper strips that I had frozen from my garden last year, so they still had a nice summer flavor to them.  Finally, I prefer La Choy Lite Soy Sauce to reduce the sodium.  This recipe serves 4.


  1 Slow Cooker Liner                                                                1/4 Cup Pineapple Juice
  2 Tbl Cake Flour                                                                      20 Ounce Pineapple Chunks
  1/4 Cup Brown Sugar                                                              3/4 Cup Green Bell Peppers
  1/4 Cup Rice Wine Vinegar                                                     3/4 Cup Red Bell Peppers
  2 Tbl Soy Sauce                                                                       12 Ounce Chicken Breast

Coat chicken in flour and place in lined crock pot.  Add remaining flower to bag.  Drain pineapple and cut peppers into strips - add to crock pot.

Stir together brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and pineapple juice and pour over contents of the crock pot.

Cover and cook on low for about 5 hours or high for about 2 hours.  Serve with cooked rice.

Per Serving: 233 Cal (6% from Fat, 35% from Protein, 59% from Carb); 21 g Protein; 2 g Tot Fat; 0 g Sat Fat; 0 g Mono Fat; 35 g  Carb; 2 g Fiber; 29 g Sugar; 53 mg Calcium; 2 mg Iron; 507 mg Sodium

No comments :

Post a Comment