Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 20, 2012

Baked Corn - Dorothy Thomas

The last family Father's Day recipe is a baked corn casserole.  Made with creamed corn, butter, eggs and other agreements, it bakes to sweet corn goodness.  The recipe calls for a large can of  cream corn.  However, if you have a freezer full of home frozen corn, as I do, you can make your own.  That recipe will follow.  I used large eggs and 1% milk.

1 large can of cream corn
2 tbl sugar
1 tbl corn starch
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup milk
1/4 stick butter, melted
3 eggs, separated

Preheat oven to 350!degrees.  Mix all ingredients, adding stiffly beaten egg whites last.  Place buttered dish in a pan of warm water and bake for 40 to 60 minutes.  Stir once while baking, about 25 minutes after placing in oven as whites tend to brown too fast.  Casserole should firm up to a custard like consistency.  

No comments :

Post a Comment