Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 7, 2012

Dutch Mush - Grammy Ronk

Yesterday's mush was a corn meal based mush, similar to polenta.  The Ronk version is flour based.  Please note, no measure of flour was provided in the original recipe.  I usually use 3/4 to 1 cup.  This can also be made with milk and served hot with spices instead of over eggs.


  1 Pint Water, Salted                                      1 Tbl Shortening, Or More
  Flour                                                            

Boil water.  Stir in flour until real smooth.  Boil until real thick.
Beat 6 or 7 eggs and pour over mush in skillet.  Cook until breaks up in balls and looks like scrambled eggs.

No comments :

Post a Comment