Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 14, 2012

Chicken Salad

I learned a version of this recipe at the beach last year.  'Version' as we made it a couple of times, different both times and no measuring.  This time, I made it at home and I measured it so I could have a definite list of what is needed.  Will I ever follow this exactly again?  Probably not.  For example, next time I will probably also stir in 1/2 cup of diced granny smith apple.  Serves 6.


  1 Lb Chicken Breast                                                                1/2 Cup Mayo
  1/2 Cup Seedless Red Grapes                                                  2 Tbl Mustard
  1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds                                                      

Cook chicken, cut into chunks and cool completely.  Cut grapes into quarters and add to chicken along with the almonds.  Stir  together mayo and mustard, add to chicken.

Per Serving: 195 Cal (46% from Fat, 37% from Protein, 17% from Carb); 18 g Protein; 10 g Tot Fat; 1 g Sat Fat; 3 g Mono Fat; 8  g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 4 g Sugar; 26 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 178 mg Sodium

No comments :

Post a Comment