Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 9, 2012

Historical Novel



For the summer reading program, I had to pick a historical novel.  I'll admit, not my favorite category, so I picked it first to get it out of the way.  I found "To Dance With Kings" by Rosalind Laker.  I started it and I was hooked.  I read this book in 4 days.  Set in France, starting ins 1664, it covers 5 generations of women as they weave their way through fan making, business starting and the nobility of France - mainly Versailles.  An overview of the Bourbon Kings and their nobility, beginning with the view of a woman who has her house overrun by uninvited guests.  While she gives birth.  One of those visitors starts a path of destiny that puts her young daughter to a path of greatness.  The 'promise' made by the young nobleman, paired with the instruction in the family business provided by her mother, gives young Marguerite an excellent path that leads to self sufficiency.  An ugly twist of fate takes away her first love and leads to the next generation of fan makers and the fates that await her.  Find this book, enjoy this book.  You will be glad you did and, if your reading lists asks for you to read a book recommended by a friend, you now have a recommendation.


No comments :

Post a Comment