Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jun 19, 2012

PA Dutch Potato Filling - Dorothy Thomas

Although I have never before put egg into filling, it worked quite well.  Due to an allergy, I made this without the onion and it was still quite good.  I used a large egg, panel bread crumbs and Herbs de Provence (instead of the poultry seasoning).  I baked a 350 for 20  - 30 minutes.

10 medium potatoes
2 tbl butter
2 eggs
1 cup bread crumbs (about 3 slices - not too dry)
1 large onion, chopped fine
4 stalks celery, chopped fine
A few sprigs of parsley, chopped fine
1 tbl light brown sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp poultry seasoning 

Cook the potatoes unto soft.  Add butter and eggs and mash.  Add other ingredients and mix thoroughly.  Put in a buttered dish and brown in a moderate oven.  Can also be used to stuff a bird.

No comments :

Post a Comment