Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 13, 2014

Applesauce Bread

I canned applesauce made with apples I picked, so this bread is very near to field to fork for me.  Great for breakfast.




2 c  All Purpose Flour
1 t  Baking Soda
1/2 t  Baking Powder
1/4 t  Salt
1 t  Cinnamon
1/4 t  Nutmeg
1 c  Sugar
1/2 c  Canola Oil
1 1/4 c  Unsweetened Apple Sauce
2 lg Eggs
3 T  Milk
1/2 c  Pecans
----- Topping ==========================
1/4 c  Pecans
1/4 c  Light Brown Sugar

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour a 9 inch bread pan, set
aside.

In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil, applesauce, eggs and milk.  

Stir in flour, soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.  

Fold in pecans.  


Pour into prepared loaf pan.


Combine pecans and brown sugar.

Sprinkle all over top.  


Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.


Per Serving: 313 Cal (43% from Fat, 5% from Protein, 52% from Carb); 4 g Protein; 15 g Tot Fat; 1 g Sat Fat; 9 g Mono Fat; 41 g Carb; 2 g Fiber; 22 g Sugar; 36 mg Calcium; 2 mg Iron; 192 mg Sodium

No comments :

Post a Comment