Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 16, 2014

French Meat Loaf

I still had a few recipes from Hubby's grandmother to use, so I made a 'traditional' Sunday dinner, starting with this meatloaf.  Don't let the horseradish scare you off - it adds a nice flavor, but you wouldn't know it is horseradish (and I bought the HOT).  Of coarse, after I mixed it, I found a note at the end of the recipe that said my grandmother in law used 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs and reduce milk to 1/2 cup, but too late once already  mixed and in the pan :)  We still loved it.



1 1/2 Cup French Bread, cut into small cubes
1 Cup Milk
2 lb Ground Beef
1/2 Cup Celery, Chopped
1/2 Cup Carrot, Grated
1 Large Egg
1 Tbl Horseradish
2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Pepper

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients and press into a 9 inch loaf pan.  Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until 155 degrees.



No comments :

Post a Comment