Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 22, 2014

Chicken Parmesan Soup

Our friend Joan posted a link to a recipe for Chicken Parmesan Soup from Nature Box recently.  It looked REALLY good, except for the amount of onion.  I have adjusted the recipe so I can eat it safely.  This goes really well with garlic toast.



4 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 c  Bell Pepper,Chopped
14.5 oz Crushed Tomatoes
3 c  Chicken Stock
1/3 c  Parmesan,Shredded
1 t  Dried Basil
1 t Dried Oregano
1/8 t  Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 lb Chicken Breast,Boneless, Skinless
4 oz Pasta,Cooked

In a slow cooker, combine garlic, bell pepper, crushed tomatoes, stock, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes.  Set chicken on top and sprinkle with cheese.  


Cover and cook on low 8 hours.  When ready to serve, remove chicken and shred, return to pot along with cooked pasta and stir.

Garnish with additional cheese, if desired.

No comments :

Post a Comment