Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 15, 2014

Cornbread

What's Chili without cornbread?  This is a sweet, slightly moist cornbread.  Goes great alone, with or without butter.  I make it with 1% milk.

1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Cornmeal
2/3 Cup White Sugar
1 Tsp Salt
3 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Large Egg
1 Cup Milk
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil

Heat oven to 400 Degrees.  Lightly grease a 9 inch round pan, set aside.

In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder.  Stir in egg, milk and oil until well combined.  Pour into prepared pan.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until lightly browned and toothpick comes out clean.

No comments :

Post a Comment