Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 26, 2014

Crackers 'N Nuts Toffee

I was making dessert to take to work and I made this toffee.  Traditionally made with Saltines, it can be made with any cracker....this time, I used Club Crackers (you could even use minis).  I like to use milk chocolate wafers, but you could use dark chocolate as well and sprinkle it with sea salt or crushed pretzels instead of walnuts.

1 c  Light Brown Sugar
2    Butter
1    Club Crackers
12 oz Milk Chocolate Wafers
2/3 c  Walnuts

Finely chop walnuts, set aside.  Heat oven to 350 degrees and cover a jelly roll pan with non stick foil.  
Cover the foil with crackers, set aside.

In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and butter.  

Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.  

Pour over crackers, saturating all.

Bake for 10 minutes, turn oven off.  Put chocolate wafers all over crackers. 

Return to oven for 1 minute until softened.


Spread softened chocolate to cover crackers.  

Top with walnuts.  


Cool and break apart.

No comments :

Post a Comment