Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 23, 2014

Coconut Pecan Rice Pudding

Growing up, rice pudding was one of my favorite desserts.  Now, my dessert has grown up.  Don't like bourbon?  No need to use it.



1 c  Long Grain Rice
2 Cups Water
1 t  Vanilla
14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
12 oz Evaporated Milk
1/4 c  Bourbon
2 T  Light Brown Sugar
1 1/2 t  Cinnamon
1 c  Pecans,Chopped
1/2 c  Coconut

Combine rice and water in a large pan.  Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and cook 15 minutes   Combine rice, vanilla, milks, bourbon, sugar and cinnamon in a small slow cooker. 


Stir.

Cook on low for 3 hours.  Toast coconut and pecans, stir into pudding and enjoy!



No comments :

Post a Comment