Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 23, 2014

Beef Bones

We are doing a lot of training with Meg - Obedience, Canine Good Citizen, then Therapy Dog.  I have no objection to purchasing training treats, but I like to have a nice supply of homemade treats.  Especially when learning something new - they are highly motivating.


1 lb Ground Beef
2 T  Olive Oil
1 c  Carrot
1 t  Dried Parsley
1 T Butter
1 t  Dried Rosemary
1 lg Egg
1 1/2 c  Whole Wheat Flour

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with non stick foil.

Cook and drain ground beef.  While draining, shred carrots and put in the bowl of a food processor.

Add Olive Oil, parsley, butter rosemary.  Pulse once.
Add Flour.


Add cooked beef.  

Pulse until well combined.

Turn onto a floured surface.  Roll 1/2 inch thick and cut into desired shapes.  


Place on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.  

Turn off oven and allow pan to remain in oven for another 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool completely, refrigerate.

No comments :

Post a Comment