Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 17, 2014

PA Dutch Potato Filling - Dorothy Thomas

I wanted something to go with the Meat Loaf, Hubby liked his grandmother's Potato filling, so this fit the bill.  The recipe as written asks for Poultry Seasoning, but I used Herbs De Provence - Hubby said he liked it better.  I halved this recipe for the two of us and I only used 1 Tbl of minced onion.


10 Medium Potatoes, cooked and mashed
2 Tbl Butter
2 Large Eggs
1 Cup Bred Crumbs
1 Large Onion
4 Stalks Celery, Chopped
1 Tbl Light Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Poultry Seasoning

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

To the potatoes, add the butter and eggs.  Mash together and add other ingredients - mix thoroughly.  Put in a buttered casserole dish and brown in a moderate oven until  lightly browned.  Can also be used to stuff a bird.

No comments :

Post a Comment