Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 27, 2014

Turtle Fudge

Choice #2 that I provided my coworker was this turtle fudge.




2 1/2 c  Granulated Sugar
1/2 c  Butter
5 oz Evaporated Milk
2 c  Miniature Marshmallows
12 oz Milk Chocolate Chips
1 c  Pecans
2 t  Vanilla
25    Caramels

Line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non stick foil, set aside.

Toast pecans, chop, set aside.  Cut caramels into quarters, add to pecans, set aside.


In a large saucepan (at least 4 quart), combine sugar, butter and evaporated milk over medium heat.  



Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.  Continue boiling (reducing heat as necessary to keep a boil and not boil over) for 4 minutes.  

Remove from heat, stir in marshmallows and chocolate, stirring until melted.  


Stir in pecans and caramels.  

Pour into pan, smooth to edges.


Cool to room temperature and cut.  Store in refrigerator.

No comments :

Post a Comment