Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jan 14, 2014

Chili - Dorothy Thomas

I was supposed to cook in a chili cook off this weekend, but my cough made me choose to bypass the event.  Hubby was, therefore, hungry for chili and asked for his grandmother's recipe.  It is typed as written below.  Please note the following: I only used about 1/4 cup onion due to an allergy, we doubled the Chili Powder and Hot Powder is Red Pepper (also doubled).



2 Lb Ground Beef
1 Tbl Salt
1 Med Onion
1 Tbl Sugar
12 Hot Pepper Flakes
1 Large Can Tomato Puree (about 28 ounces)
1 Can Water
2 Tsp Chili Powder
1/2 Tsp Hot Powder
2 Cans Kidney Beans

Brown Beef and drain.

Return to the pot and add remaining ingredients EXCEPT beans.  Cook for about 45 minutes.  Add the beans, cook for another 45 minutes.

No comments :

Post a Comment