Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jul 13, 2011

Beach Broccoli Salad

I commandeered this recipe while at the beach.  I really like the fact that this uses the entire broccoli plant, not just the head.  It may take a little more time to chop the stems, but the time is worth it.  The nutrition and fiber you get is well worth the time.


  1 Cup Mayo                                                                             6 Cup Broccoli
  2 Tbl Sugar                                                                              12 Slice Bacon
  2 Tbl Vinegar                                                                           1 Cup Cheddar, Shredded

Cook and crumble bacon.  Cut broccoli heads and stems into pieces., combine with bacon.  Stir together mayo, sugar and vinegar  - pour over broccoli, add cheese and stir together.  Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

No comments :

Post a Comment