Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Jul 7, 2011

Green Beans with Lemon and Peppers

I was introduced to this recipe when at the beach.  With beans and peppers just coming into season most places, this is a great recipe to use that fresh, local produce.  At Christmas, use red peppers to make a festive holiday dish.

  1 Cup Yellow Bell Peppers, Chopped            1/2 Tsp Salt
  1 Cup Yellow Bell Peppers, Sliced                1/4 Tsp Pepper
  7 Tsp Butter                                                1 1/2 Lb Green Beans
  1 Tbl Lemon Juice                                        

Saute chopped pepper with 1 Tbl butter until tender.  Place remaining butter, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a food processor.  Add sauteed peppers and blend until smooth.  Boil beans and sliced peppers 5 to 7 minutes and drain.  Toss with butter mixture.

No comments :

Post a Comment