Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 30, 2012

Baked Southwest Stew

I had frozen corn remaining from last year and fresh tomatoes from this year.  Leftover marinade from steaks the night before and a can of black beans led to this concoction.  We ate it both as a stew with tortilla chips crushed in it and as a dip, using the tortilla chips to scoop it.  Next time, I think I might cook it half way then top it with corn bread batter to finish.  The Lawry's Baja Chipolte Marinade worked wonders in this recipe.  If you don't like things extra spicy, omit the red hot.  I, on the other hand, used Franks Red Hot Extra Hot.


15 Ounce Black Beans, Drained And  Rinsed            3/4 Cup Lawry's Baja Chipolte Marinade
3 Cups Corn                                                            1 Tbl Frank's Red Hot
1 1/2 Cups Diced Tomatoes                                      11 Ounce Chicken Breast, Cubed
                                                

Spray a 13 - 9 pan with non stick cooking spray, set aside**.  Heat oven to 450.
Combine black beans, corn, tomatoes, marinade, red hot and chicken.  Stir thoroughly.  Pour into pan and roast for 25 - 30 minutes.


**If you prefer, you can cook this in a slow cooker on high for 3 - 4 hours.

1 comment :

  1. Frozen corn left over from 8+ months ago? Lordy!  ツ

    ReplyDelete