Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 13, 2012

Duck Marinade

I was lucky to find duck breast at my local farmers market.  This marinade, combined with a Blueberry Chambord Sauce was delicious (stay tuned).  Don't know how to cook duck?  Come back Wednesday.  I used Three Ships to the Wind from Adams County Winery for the wine - I like to cook with wines that I also like to drink.  Any red can be used, but leaning to the dry side is better.  I loved the flavor imbued by the long marinade time combined with the vacuum marinador


    1/3 Cup Blueberries                 1/4 Tsp Fresh Rosemary

    1 Cup Red Wine.                      1/4 Tsp Black Pepper

    1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar      1 Tsp Garlic

    1/4 Cup Carrot                         1 Lb Duck Breast, Skin On

    1/4 Cup Celery    


Crush blueberries and rosemary.  Mince garlic.  Dice carrot and celery.  Combine all ingredients except duck breast and mix well, pour into a pan.  Place duck breast skin side up in marinade.  Marinade at least 24 hours.



No comments :

Post a Comment