Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 8, 2012

Taco or Not -Step 3 - Fish

I'll admit, it wasn't until recently that I got the whole idea of fish tacos.  Hubby had tried them and liked them, but I refused to try them out at a restaurant.  When hubby offered to make them at home, I was game.  They didn't really do it for me.  Not that I didn't like them, they were just blah.  When I made this fish the first time and Hubby suggested using it for tacos,
 I was game.  I am glad we did - and didn't.  This spice rub works great on any light white fish - though I will be trying it on salmon and tuna.  This mix coats about 1 pound of fish.

    1 Tsp Oregano                     1 Tsp Chili Powder

    1 Tsp Cumin                        1 Tsp Salt

    1 Tsp Garlic Powder            1 Tbl Olive Oil

    1 Tsp Black Pepper              1 Tbl Lime Juice


Combine dry spices thoroughly, set aside.


Combine olive oil and lime juice.  Brush on one side a white fish fillet of your choice then sprinkle with spices.  Put spice side down in a hot pan.  While cooking, bruth other side with oil/juice mixture and sprinkle with spices.  Cook 2 to 4 minutes per side, depending on thickness of fillet.

No comments :

Post a Comment