Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 23, 2012

Tortilla Chips

I know, there are many, many varieties of corn chips available in your supermarket aisle.  Why make your own?  What if Lou want a different, or smaller, shape?  Let's not think about reading the back of the bag....so make your own.

It's easy - all you need is an oil that withstands high heat (I use sunflower) and corn tortillas.

Heat the oil in a skillet while you cut the tortillas into the shapes and sizes you want.  Fry in batches until golden brown, remove from oil and season.

That's it.  They go great in yesterday's soup.

No comments :

Post a Comment