Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 31, 2012

Family Friday Cinnamon Rolls - Kathleen Low

A few weeks ago, some of my coworkers had to work on a Sunday.  Management provided breakfast, I tweaked it with these cinnamon rolls.  I really like them not only because they are my mother's recipe, but because they are not overly sweet.  You can select the amount of butter/cinnamon/sugar you like, maybe even go crazy and add some fresh nutmeg.  I topped mine with a very light coating of butter cream frosting.



  1 Cup Milk                                                                              1/4 Cup Warm Water
  1/4 Cup Butter                                                                         1/4 Cup Sugar
  2 Eggs                                                                                      3 Cup Flour
  1 Cake Compressed Yeast                                                      

Heat milk to luke warm, add yeast which has been dissolved in warm water.  Add 2 cups flour and beat well.   Cover and let rise double, add salt sugar, melted butter and egg and let it rise again.  Roll out.  Cover with cinnamon, butter and sugar.  Roll, cut, place in pan. Let raise.  Heat oven to 350 and bake.

No comments :

Post a Comment