Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 12, 2012

Week 32 - 55.1

This week's travels put me near Lake Byron, South Dakota.  From the South Dakota Beautiful Website "Lake Byron is the only natural lake in the area that offers premium recreational opportunities. Lake Byron has been one of the top producers of trophy walleye in the state, located just 15 miles northeast of Huron.
This lake provides excellent family fishing for walleye, perch, crappie, pike and bullhead. The lake is also a premium site for water skiing, boating, camping, swimming and picnicking.
Take the family on a true South Dakota vacation and camp on the banks of Lake Byron. Enjoy the fishing, the hiking and the water sports available." 

Not only is it a habitat for Walleye, the Lake Byron Development Association recently posted the picture below.  It is a snapping turtle, approximately 40 inches long, that washed up on the shores of the lake with apparent propeller damage.  Sometimes I am glad not knowing what I am swimming with.




No comments :

Post a Comment