Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

Aug 3, 2012

Cherry Cookies - Kathleen Ronk

This week's family Friday brings us my mothers cherry cookies.  This cookie is one of the few that I believe tastes better cold then hot out of the oven.  Hubby even pointed out that they are not a sweet cookie, so thy would lend themselves nicely to filling - then you would have a cherry whoopie pie.

    2 Cup Flour                           1 Egg

    1/2 Tsp Soda                          1 Tsp Vanilla

    1 Tsp Salt                               2 Tbl Milk

    1 1/2 Cups Nuts, Chopped    1 1/2 Cup Maraschino Cherries,

    1 Cup Brown Sugar.                          -Drained And Chopped

    3/4 Cup Shortening    


Mix all ingredients and drop by tsp on greased baking sheet.  Bake at 375 for 10 to 15 minutes.

No comments :

Post a Comment