Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

May 30, 2012

Easy Pound Cake - Kathleen Ronk

I made this to serve with fresh strawberries.  Hubby and I disagree on what strawberry shortcake is - he likes little angel food or pound cakes, I like the Pennsylvania Dutch Version.  That will follow tomorrow.  Make sure you use a tube pan - this is too large for a bundt pan.  All purpose or cake flour can be used.


  6 Eggs                                                                                      2 Cup Sugar
  2 Cup Flour                                                                              1 Cup Shortening
  1/8 Tsp Salt                                                                              2 Tsp Almond Extract

Mix all ingredients.  Beat at low speed with electric mixer approximately 10 minutes. Pour into greased and floured tube pan.    Place in cold over and turn over to 300 degrees.  Bake for 1 1/2 hours.  Do not open over for first hour of baking.

No comments :

Post a Comment