Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

May 16, 2012

Lemon Pie - Alda Jane Low

This pie has a rich lemon flavor.  The water seemed a little odd, I am more familiar with using milk or cream, but it tasted quite good.  The recipe calls for a 9 inch deep dish, but a 10 inch pie plate could also be used.  When I made this pie, I enhanced it by putting 1 cup of black raspberries in the bottom of the crust before pouring the pie filling in the crust.  You could also use blueberries, red raspberries or strawberries  Please note - if you do this, you will have leftover batter.


  1/2 Cup Butter                                                                        2 Med Lemons
  3 Cup Granulated Sugar                                                           2/3 Cup Flour
  11 Large Eggs                                                                         1 Cup Cold Water

Prepare a 9 inch deep dish pie crust, set aside.  Cream butter and sugar, set aside.  Beat 8 eggs and 3 egg whites, mix with butter mixtures.  Grate the rinds of the lemons and juice them, mix into batter.  Pour into pie crust and bake in 350 degree oven until  set.

No comments :

Post a Comment