Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

May 13, 2012

Week 19 - 39.85

First things first, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!  For the remainder of May, I will be sharing my mother's recipes, which can be connected to various family members.

This week was a slow week - 39.85 miles  It finds me near Wyoming, Illinois - where you can find the Rock Island Trail State Park's headquarters.  From the Illinois Department of Natural Resources Website, this is a 26 mile trail that stretches from Alton to Toulon.  It is a rail-trail trail and the prairie grass and wildflowers are remains of early rail travel.  Also reminiscent of the rail travel are the trestle bridge found connecting Wyoming and Toulon over the Spoon river.   There are also three remaining passenger depots along the trail. 

No comments :

Post a Comment