Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

May 7, 2012

Oatmeal Pie

Digging through recipes Aunt Madeline gave me, I came upon the second pie option I took to work last week - Oatmeal Pie.  It tastes NOTHING like an oatmeal cookie, as you may suspect, but it is very good in its own right.  If you do not have Coconut Powder, you  may use all flaked coconut.  If you like a nutty flavor, substitute 1 Tsp Almond Extract for the vanilla

3 Large Eggs                                                         2/3 Cup Old Fashioned Oatmeal
2/3 Cup White Sugar                                             1/3 Cup Flaked Coconut
1 Cup Brown Sugar                                               1/3 Cup Coconut Powder
2 Tsp Butter                                                           2/3 Cup Milk
1 Tsp Vanilla                                                          1 Tsp Cinnamon (Optional)

Prepare 1 9 inch deep dish pie shell.  Blend all ingredients and pour into unbaked shell.  Bake 30 to 35 minutes until set.

No comments :

Post a Comment