Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

May 17, 2012

Tea Cakes (Kathleen Ronk)

Mom made these, but not often.  They are made in a Madeleine pan and mom was nice enough to share hers. 



It may not have been heartbreaking for her as I now know why she didn't make them often - the pan is a pain in the neck.  It is aluminum and you brush it with butter to use it, but it still doesn't like to let go of the cookies.  You don't have to wash the pan in between, but the cookies do not look as nicely ridged.  I really like my Fat Daddio's Cake Pans, they offer a Madeleine pan, so I have ordered it to try again.

The recipe calls for 2 tsp lemon rind, but I like to grate the entire lemon skin and use it, even it is more than 2 tsp.



  1 1/4 Cup Cake Flour                                                              1 Tsp Vanilla
  1/2 Tsp Baking Powder                                                            2/3 Cup Sugar
  1/4 Tsp Salt                                                                             2 Tsp Lemon Rind, Finely Grated
  3 Large Eggs                                                                          3/4 Cup Butter

Sift together cake flour, baking powdered and salt.  Set aside.  Beat 3 eggs until light, add 1 tsp vanilla extract.  Gradually beat in 2/3 cup sugar.  Continue beating until volume has increased about 4 times the original.  Fold in lemon rind.  Fold flour mixture into egg mixture.  Stir in 3/4 cup melted butter.  Brush pans with additional melted butter and spoon about 1 tbl batter into each  shell.  Bake at 350 for 12 to 15 minutes.  Sift confectioners sugar over tops.

No comments :

Post a Comment