Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

May 31, 2012

Short Cake - Alda Jane Low

This is a dry, crumbly shortcake that can be topped with any fruit you like, or none, the finished with milk and sugar.  A bit of a shock to Hubby the first time I made it.  Use an 8x8 or 9x9 cake pan.  To make a 9x13, double.



  2 Cup Flour                                                   2 Tbl Sugar
  5 Tsp Baking Powder                                     1/4 Cup Shortening
  1 Tsp Salt                                                      2/3 Cups Milk

Mix sugar and shortening well, sift dry ingredients together and into sugar mixture.  Add milk, mix well and put into a 9 x 13 pan and bake at 425 for 15 minutes.

No comments :

Post a Comment