Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

May 5, 2012

Lemon Sponge Pie

I love lemon desserts and I used to purchase half pies at Karns when I could find their Lemon Sponge.  Then I remembered that Aunt Madeline had supplied me with a recipe.  Now, when the mood strikes (usually once a year), I make a pie.  You can too - it is easy.  You can use any milk - I do not recommend skim.

1 cup sugar
2 Tbl all purpose flour
1 lemon
2 eggs
1 Tbl butter
1 cup milk

Line a deep dish 9 inch pie plate with crust, set aside.  Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Sift flour and sugar together (No sifter? Look here.)   Cream in softened butter and milk.  Separate eggs (How do you separate eggs?.
Add egg yolks to flour mixture, mix well.  Zest and juice lemon and add to the flour mixture. 

In another bowl, beat egg whites until they peak.  Fold into the lemon mixture and pour into the pie shell.  Bake for 35 - 45 minutes until set.

Cool completely before cutting.

No comments :

Post a Comment