Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

May 8, 2012

Southern Pie

Okay, I know Southern Pie is not very descriptive, but it is what Aunt Madeline gave me.  It is also the third pie I took to work.  Generally, I don't eat Grape Nuts, but they are good in this.  Some people said this reminds them of Pumpkin Pie, some said Shoo Fly and some said both.  They all said it was good, so here you go.

3/4 Cup Grape Nuts Cereal                                            1 Tbl Molasses
1/2 Cup Warm Water                                                     3 Tbl butter
3 Large Eggs                                                                  1 Tsp Vanilla
3/4 Cup Sugar                                                                1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Tbl Light Corn Syrup

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine cereal and water, set aside until cereal is soft.  Prepare one 9 inch pie crust and set aside.  Beat eggs, add sugar and mix well.  Stir in syrup, molasses, melted butter, vanilla and salt.  Fold in cereal and pour into the pie crust.  Bake for 50 - 60 minutes until filling is set.

No comments :

Post a Comment