Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

May 18, 2012

Snow Pudding - Kathleen Ronk

I have to admit, I don't remember mom ever making this, but the name intrigued me.  Then the ingredients did, too.  So I thought why not.  Why is it called Snow Pudding?  No idea.  Maybe they didn't know what cappuccino was at the time.  That is what this tastes like - cappuccino that you get at your local convenience store. 


  1 Tbl Unflavored Gelatin                                                         3 3/4 Oz Vanilla Instant Pudding
  1 Cup Milk                                                                              1 Cup Milk
  1 Tbl Instant Coffee                                                                2 Large Egg Whites

In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1 cup milk.  Add coffee and heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is dissolved.  Set aside.  I a small (about 4 cup) mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, set aside.  In a large mixing bowl (at least 8 cups), stir together pudding and 1 cup milk.  Add  coffee mixture and beat according to package directions.  Fold egg whites into pudding  then turn into mold and chill until set.

No comments :

Post a Comment