Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

May 19, 2012

Get Your Greek On - and support the community

I moved to the Harrisburg area in 1990.  In Spring of 1991, I saw signs for the Greek Festival at the local Greek Orthodox Church.  I thought - OOH, I should go to that.  Then I promptly did not.  This scene, sadly, repeated itself for several years.  21 in fact.  FINALLY, this year, I successfully made it to the festival.  Moussaka, Gyros, Souvlaki, Spanakopita, Baklava.....soooo many choices.  They also had arts and crafts vendors, tours of the church and Greek dancers.  All in all, a good time and a great way to raise funds.  So, if you live in a reasonable distance to the Harrisburg area, check it out.  You can find more information at PAGreekFest.com.  If you don't live nearby, lots of communities have festivals that allow you to explore different foods and cultures, so check them out.  You will be glad you did.




No comments :

Post a Comment