Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

May 15, 2012

Peach-Butter Syrup

If you look at the end of the flannel cake recipe, you see instruction to use with peach butter syrup.  Well, here it is.  I usually use jam or fruit to top my pancakes - Maple Syrup is last on my list.  This fruity syrup is a great substitute.  The ingredients say to use frozen peaches, but you can also used canned or fresh.  I used home canned peaches in medium syrup and the amount of honey could be halved.  Also, I like to process it lightly with a stick blender after I add the almond extract.  If you don't like almond or have an allergy, use vanilla.  I don't remove all the chunks, just most.

10 Oz Frozen Sliced Peaches   
1/4 Cups Butter   
1/3 Cups Honey   
2 Tsp Cornstarch   
2 Tbl Water
1/4 Tsp Almond Extract
2 Tbl Lemon Juice

Put peaches into a small saucepan.  Add butter, honey and lemon juice.  Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to boil.  Mix cornstarch with water until smooth, gradually stir into hot peaches.  Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened.  Remove form heat and stir in almond extract.  Serve hot over flannel cakes.

No comments :

Post a Comment