Thoughts

Follow tryandlike.blogspot.com on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tryandlikeblogspotcom/645759758771606

Anything is good, in moderation. I cook because I love to and because I can share with those around me. I crochet for the same reason.

Do what you want to do, enjoy what you do and use it to touch those around you.

May 24, 2012

Gold and Silver Cake - Alda Jane Low

I unfortunately never met my grandmother, but I am certainly enjoying these recipes.  The recipe says simply flour - I used cake flour but you can use all purpose flour.  If you use cake flour, it will raise more and a 9 x 3 cake pan should be used.  This goes great with butter cream frosting.  Before I hear from my brother, that recipe will follow tomorrow :) 

No egg separator?  Silly you, yes you do - http://tryandlike.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-to-separate-eggs.html


  Silver Part                                                                            Gold Part
  4 Large Egg Whites                                                                5 Large Egg Yolks
  1 1/2 Cup Sugar                                                                      1 Cup Sugar
  1/2 Cup Milk                                                                           1/2 Cup Shortening
  1/2 Cup Shortening                                                                  3/4 Cup Milk
  2 Cup Flour                                                                             2 Cup Flour
  2 Tsp Baking Powder                                                              1 Tsp Baking Powder

Bake in two greased and floured 9 in round pans at 350 25 to 30 minutes - toothpick should come out clean.

No comments :

Post a Comment